In 1952 a new organ was needed.
An old fashioned organ, which had to be pumped by foot was being used. It was getting to be too much for Marie Martinsen who was the organist at that time. So Pastor Kaiser and one of the men rigged a motor from a washing machine under the “house chapel” to electrify the organ. Eventually it was replaced with Wurlitzer which was dedicated with a concert by Dr. Claude L. Murphree, Professor of Music and university organist and organist at First Presbyterian Church.